Blog

Posted

Welcome to the most popular section of our monthly Hawaii Damon Blog – Great Value Hawaii Luxury Real Estate! Currently most of the luxury home neighborhoods on Oahu are experiencing Buyers’ Markets (defined as having more than 5 months of inventory currently on the market) with average inventory levels at 16 months for Oahu luxury home neighborhoods. In this section I will feature Hawaii Luxury Real Estate, both Homes & Condos which I think offer especially great value for potential Buyers. This month features 2 properties; one home on Hawaii Loa Ridge and one condo building in Ala Moana. Read More

Posted

For your perusal here are the April 2017 Oahu Hawaii Real Estate housing statistics courtesy of the Honolulu Board of Realtors – Hawaii Housing Stats – April 2017. In Summary: Overall sales have decreased by -7% in April for Single Family Homes and increased by 5.7% for Condos compared to April last year. The overall combined trend is upward. Median prices have decreased by -1% for Single Family Homes and increased by 6.7% for Condos compared to April last year. The overall trend is upward (the notable exception would be the Hawaii luxury homes areas). Read More

Posted

Should I Renovate my Home or Move (Up/Down-size)? I think the best way to approach this question would be to first look at it purely from an investment perspective and ask yourself this follow up question: Would the proposed renovation (including possible room addition) add positive returns for each $ invested upon resale? I will show you how to answer this question in my step by step guide outlined below! After understanding the answer to this question from the investment perspective, it will be equally as important to make sure the results match your and or your family's emotional and long-term goal objectives. Read More

Posted

Welcome to the most popular section of our monthly Hawaii Damon Blog – Great Value Hawaii Luxury Real Estate! Currently most of the luxury home neighborhoods on Oahu are experiencing Buyers’ Markets (defined as having more than 5 months of inventory currently on the market) with average inventory levels at 16 months for Oahu luxury home neighborhoods. In this section I will feature Hawaii Luxury Real Estate, both Homes & Condos which I think offer especially great value for potential Buyers. This month features 2 properties; one home in Diamond Head and one condo building in Kakaako. Read More

Posted

The 1st of May is traditionally called May Day. In many Northern Hemisphere countries it is a celebration of warm days heading into Summer. It is a seasonal celebration for the most part but in some countries it can also be a workers' rights day. In Hawaii, May Day takes on a unique and beautiful custom centered around flowers and, in particular, the Hawaiian Lei as shown in the picture above. "May Day is Lei Day in Hawaii Nei" translates to "May Day is Lei Day in our beloved Hawaii." Read More

Posted

Centered around the Ward Village and extending all the way to Park Lane Ala Moana, the Kaka'ako-Ala Moana corridor is booming with new condominium projects. Also, we are actually seeing mortgage interest rates falling again. What happened? Isn't the US Fed Raising Rates? I'll cover these two topics in this month's Hawaii Damon Newsletter. First, let's talk about interest rates. In my December Newsletter - Hawaii Market Projections for 2017 - when the 30 Yr Fixed Avg. Mortgage Rates climbed to 4.13%, I predicted rates would decrease ("meander") again to around 4% during Q1 2017. As of this writing, just at the beginning of Q2, the Avg. 30 Yr Fixed has now dropped to 3.97%. Read More

Posted

For your perusal here are the March 2017 Oahu Hawaii Real Estate housing statistics courtesy of the Honolulu Board of Realtors – Hawaii Housing Stats – Mar 2017. In Summary: Overall sales have increased by 4% in March for Single Family Homes and increased by .8% for Condos compared to March last year. The overall combined trend is upward. Median prices have increased by 3.7% and 3.9% respectively for Single Family Homes and Condos compared to March last year. The overall trend is upward (the notable exception would be the Hawaii luxury homes areas). Read More

Posted

Welcome to the most popular section of our monthly Hawaii Damon Newsletter / Blog – Great Value Hawaii Luxury Real Estate! Currently most of the Luxury Home neighborhoods in Oahu are experiencing Buyers’ Markets (defined as having more than 5 months of inventory currently on the market) with average inventory levels at 16 months for Oahu luxury home neighborhoods. In this section I will feature Hawaii Luxury Real Estate, both Homes & Condos which I think offer especially great value for potential Buyers. This month features 2 properties; one home on Hawaii Loa Ridge and one condo building in Waikiki. Read More